Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Fog (2005)

The Fog (2005) directed by Rupet Wainwright, starring Tom Welling, Selma Blair, and Maggie Grace.

I'm going to have to see the original The Fog now because I think John Carpenter made a way better film than this one turned out to be.  His track record is much better and besides this is a remake and it lives up to every meaning of that word. 

There are somethings to look for in this film.  Does Tom Welling have at least one scene where he's shirtless?  Check, that scene is in this movie.  I think his contract has a clause in it where he has to show his bare chest in at least one scene in a movie.  I do believe he had that same contract for Smallville, only in Smallville had to had to show his chest once in at least once per episode.  Does Maggie Grace have at least one scene where she's wearing some kind negligee?  Check, there's one scene where she is wearing nothing but that.  Like Tom Welling, I think it's in her contract to have at least one scene in every movie where she's wearing something skimpy. 

Overall a typical Hollywood remake that I'm going to imagine doesn't add anything new to the original, which I will have to find out here in the next few weeks when I check it out from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment