Saturday, May 23, 2015

Lucy

Lucy written and directed by Luc Besson, starring Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman.

A central point my brother and I have talked about for a long time: no matter how ludicrous a story line - create an interesting character and the craziness of that story line won't matter.  Case in point: the Fast and Furious movies as they've been re birthed into heist movie.  These movies are so over the top that my mind boggles as their craziness but I don't care because they focus on the characters in the movie so much so that I feel a connection to them.  I have absolutely no connection the main character Lucy in Lucy, this is one major failing of this movie so that no matter how crazy it gets I found myself not caring about anything happening on screen.  See the movie Limitless with Bradley Copper for a better example of this same story line worked out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment