Saturday, September 13, 2014

Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time directed by Mike Newell, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kinsley, Emma Arterton, Alfred Molina, and Richard Coyle.

My expectations going into this movie were really low but I've got to admit this movie was much better than I expected and just a fun movie to watch.  When it was over I didn't feel like I'd wasted time seeing it.  I initially thought Jake Gyllenhaal was miscast in this role but he put in a performance that really gelled with everything happening in this movie.

I mean there's not much to say about this movie other than it's just a good adventure movie with some good action scenes and a decent story.  I would also say it's one of the best video games adaptations to movie ever made.  That is weird because when I hear of video games adapted into movie I don't hear this movie mentioned and it deserves to be mentioned.

I know they were trying to capture the Pirates movie but I'm glad this one turned out better than those movies as the feel and tone of this movie seemed more genuine than the Pirates movie.  I never once bought into the female character in that movie but here I did and somewhat "love" story in this movie doesn't feel as forced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment