Sunday, November 9, 2014

Draft Day

Draft Day directed by Ivan Reitman starring Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner, and a bunch of really good character actors.

There's nothing really special about this movie but I found it entertaining none-the-less as I do like NFL football so I found the one day setting of the first day of the draft intriguing.  I was swept along with the story line that was supposed to be a behind the scenes kind of movie into an NFL team.  The energy and anticipation felt genuine as everyone was wheeling and dealing to make the right moves for their team.  Costner is always at his best when he's surrounded by really good actors and here they continuously help him carry the film.  I like the theme of the movie, which is stick to your guns and integrity even when times get rough, this is a well used theme and riddled with cliches but I was able to suspend all critiques of it because I'm sure the football setting helped to ease me into what was happening.  The pacing was extremely fast and fit in with the craziness of what was going on.  This is good movie for football fans to see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment