Saturday, April 16, 2016

Goosebumps

Goosebumps directed by Rob Letterman, starring Jack Black, Amy Ryan, Dylan Minnette, Odeya Rush, and Ryan Lee.

Honestly this was a fun little movie that shouldn't have been as good as it turned out.  I'm not saying it's a great movie but it's very entertaining as it fully knows what kind of movie it is and doesn't shy away from it.  I don't know if having a fully knowledge of the Goosebumps books would help in understanding this movie better or not?  I don't have any kind of knowledge of them other than the author's name and the genre they books spawned - which served me well with this movie. 

I did like the over the top aspect of action that really starts of the movie off and rolling.  Then there's enough character development to understand the characters and establish them.  All in all not a waste of time like I thought it was going to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment