Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Intern

The Intern written and directed by Nancy Meyers, starring Robert De Niro, Anne Hathaway, and Rene Russo.

This is a safe movie. 

Nothing crazy happens in this movie only the normal cliches of this kind of story line but that's OK if you're in the mood for it.  I was, so I had a good time watching it. 

The one thing that will make or break this movie is the chemistry of two leads. If their chemistry together sparks the movie will work.  I'm here to say the chemistry between De Niro and Hathaway sparked, every scene they are together worked and made the movie an enjoyable experience.  I also liked how the movie didn't feel the need to have a romantic or love interest be the central part of the story line but instead relied on the friendship between De Niro and Hathaway.  I don't see to many movies like this and in that regard the movie took a risk but a good risk none the less in my opinion.  It was that friendship that was top priority over everything else and it worked well, with Hathaway and De Niro pulling this movie out mediocrity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment