Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Bronx Kill

The Bronx Kill written by Peter Milligan and illustrated by James Romberger.

A good little crime noir fictional story I found at the library.  Set in modern day but like all noir stories it has plenty of dealing in the past as history comes to rear its ugly head in revealing ways.  Milligan weaves through the story with ease and keeps the pacing marching along so that it really reads adds a pager turner.  I found myself wanting to keep reading to find out the big reveal, the mystery at the heart of the story filled me with the desire to go on.  I don't know if this was written before or after Gone Baby, Gone but there is some similarities to it at least from the wife disappearing.  I haven't read Baby so I don't know if the connections that go beyond the missing wife hold up or not but I wager to say they end right there as this story by it's end really felt wholly its own. 

All in all it was a good read for a few hours on the weekend if you are into the noir crime stories.  If you are find it and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment