Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Frozen Ground

The Frozen Ground directed by Scott Walker, starring Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, Vanessa Hudgens, Dean Norris, and Radha Mitchell.

I've got admit the trailer for this movie was much better than the movie turned out.  This is one of the worst cop/serial killer movies I've seen.  I would only watch this movie as an example of how not to make a cop/serial killer movie.  The pacing was slow, the detective work was minimum, there didn't seem to be any characterization of anyone which makes these movie hard to get into.  The main character has to be the focal point because it's because of him that we are immersed into this seedy, dark world.  I just didn't get any kind of feel for the main character in this movie nor did I get any kind of psychological feel for the serial killer.  I've seen too many good movies and TV shows of the cop/serial killer genre to know bad ones when I see them.  This one does not hold upon seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment