Saturday, July 13, 2013

Doctor Who: Season Six


Doctor Who: Season Six or How he learned to stop worrying and just love time travel.

If this season should be known for anything it’s how Doctor Who finally embraced the fact that he’s a time traveler and the writers finally started incorporating time travel into the show and started treating the show like The Back to the Future movies. Let me tell you it’s all the better for it.

I’m not saying it perfect.  There were still things I didn't like.  I never could fully understand how the Rory's could just not go after their child.  That made no sense to me what-so-ever.  But it’s been super fun to watch as the head tripping and head scratching of time travel, in my opinion, has really opened up the show like it never has before. 

I also really feel Matt Smith came into his own this season as the Doctor.  Te just seemed a lot more comfortable this season than he had in the previous seasons. This series is all about fun and space rollicking adventure-time.  For those who are seeking more than that please don’t apply, but for those of you who like that sort of thing this is your series. Don’t expect super long story arcs, in depth character development, because it’s not here.  These are good old fashioned stories that are drenched in the classic sci-fi stories from 50’s, 60’, and 70’s and they make no bones about it that’s what they are.  They where it on their sleeve with pride. 

This is still some of the best sci-fi on TV hands down. The producers and writers have such a passion and love for this series and the Doctor character himself that it’s practically saturated with it in each episode. I’m happy the Doctor finally got some people behind that understand him and understand sci-fi, because this show is so much better than it was when I was kid and I look forward to watching it with my kids when they get older, like my dad and I used to watch it late into the night.  Now Jess and I are almost caught to the new season of the Doctor really looking forward to seeing Season Seven as soon as it's finished and the infamous 50th anniversary episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment