Sunday, July 14, 2013

H2O: Season Two


H2O: Season Two.

I just finished watching Season Two with my daughter, Abby. I've still got to say it's one the better teen shows out there with good relationship building and good a good focus on family which seems to be lacking in a lot of teen shows. 

This show doesn't have the terrible acting and plot lines of those Disney tween shows. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of moments where I was shaking my head saying, "That doesn't make any sense, what just happened there." But all in all it wasn't a bad little show to watch with my girl and she was whole heartily entertained. I guess girls really have a thing for mermaids...and horses...and dolphins, at least mine does. 

This season does introduce a worthy and believable adversary to the three mermaid girls, which made for some interesting situations. They also build more on the mermaid mythology from Season One. Then from what Jess and I read about Season Three and have seen so far everything goes downhill after Season Two: ditching one of the main characters, adding a new mermaid (and having her be a rock singer[??]), ditching three of the main boys, adding a new boy, having the girls save the world from a meteor crashing into earth will tend to ruin everything previously established from the first two seasons. 

My opinion watch the first two seasons and pretend Season Three doesn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment