Friday, June 7, 2013

The Great White Odyssey

The Great White Odyssey by National Geographic on Netflix. 

My son's gotten into sharks something fierce over the last few years, so that means I've also gotten into sharks more than I ever had before. After reading countless books on sharks, the great white shark has come to be my favorite shark and basically my favorite fish in the ocean. I'm really fascinated by them, their power, their mystery, and just about everything I can read or find out about them. So I was looking through Netflix's menu when I found this documentary a few weeks ago and watched it. 

I've got to admit it was a very enlightening documentary as the scientists tagged a great white and followed her 6,000+ mile journey from the coat of South Africa to the coast of Australia. She traveled on a course they never thought a great white traveled and they learned a lot about great whites that they thought they'd never learn. I learned a lot about the great white shark through this documentary and one of major things I learned is that the great white is still one of the greatest mysteries in the ocean, which means that fascinates me all the more. So if you've got some time and around 46 minutes to spare you can't go to wrong with the documentary and see what a truly beautiful and dangerous fish a great white shark is.

No comments:

Post a Comment